MYBBSB is a skill-based little league. We do not place players in divisions strictly based on their age. Players are evaluated during our Winter Skills clinic or mandatory February evaluations. We place players in the best division based on their skill level so they have the best chance at success. Players can be moved up or down a division if they were not properly evaluated before the season.
What is League Age?
League Age is the child's chronological age on:
Baseball - August 31st of the current year in which their season takes place.
i.e. For the 2023 season, if the child is 12 on August 31st, 2023, then they are League Age 12.
Softball - January 1st of the current year.
i.e. For the 2023 season, if the child is 12 on January 1, 2023, then they are League Age 12.
The League Age calculator and League Age Charts can be found here
When does the season start/end?
- Schedules will NOT be generated until Team Assignments are completed - which only happens once all coaching positions have been filled for that division.
- This will happen 1 - 2 weeks before your Season starts.
- Typical week night start time is 5:30 PM for A & AA and 6:15 PM for AAA & Majors.
- Weekend games start at 9 AM and go throughout the afternoon.
Majors & AAA
- Indoor practice will begin the middle of March (indoor practice is NOT guaranteed, we will make every effort to secure an affordable location).
- Outdoor practice will begin the beginning of April as weather conditions permit.
- Games will begin mid-to-late April depending on the weather.
- 2-3 games and/or practices a week. (12 - 14 games)
- BB season ends the middle of June.
- SB season ends beginning of June.
- Weeknight games only.
- Play versus other towns.
- Baseball pitches from 46 feet.
- Softball majors pitches from 40 feet & uses 12" ball.
- Softball AAA pitches from 35 feet & uses 11" ball.
- Outdoor practice will begin after the schools' April vacation.
- Games will begin the end of April.
- Games are typically on the weekend/ some weeknight games
- 2-3 games and/or practices a week. (10 games)
- Ends mid-June.
- Baseball kid-pitch from 40 feet.
- Softball kid-pitch from 30-35 feet.
A & Tee Ball (new players 4-5)
- Practice will begin the end of April.
- Games will begin the beginning of May.
- 1 game and/or practices a week. (8 games)
- Ends middle of June.
- Tee ball games are typically Sunday afternoons
- Single A games are mostly on the weekends.
- Coach pitch / Tee (if batter is struggling)
- Starts the beginning of July.
- Ends the end of August.
- Age groups are determined based on registration.
- If not enough players register to play in summer league, summer programs will be run as clinic.
- Starts the end of August.
- Ends the end of October.
- Age groups are determined based on registration
- For baseball players that are 12 years old before Sept 1 - they are NOT ELIGIBLE for Fall Little League programs. Please look at Ahern Whalen programs.
- If not enough players register to play in fall league, fall programs will be run as clinic.
What do I need to provide?
- A glove is required.
- Cleats are highly recommended, especially above the A division.
- A helmet is suggested, so as to not have to share.
- Baseball typically wears gray baseball pants.
- Softball typically wears black or gray softball pants.
- Majors & AAA coaches may request you purchase specific color pants, but this is not mandatory.
- Shorts are NOT ALLOWED per Little League International Safety rules.