Equipment and Uniforms
Equipment is distributed by the Middletown Little League Equipment Director(s). All equipment used in practice and games must be Little League-approved and meet local and national Little League regulations. Equipment will include, helmets, bats, catching equipment, balls, tees, and throw down bases.
In order for coaches/team managers to receive their equipment, they must do the following:
- Register and be an approved Volunteer.
- Attend the Coaches Clinic/Meeting.
- Sign an Equipment Release Form attesting to the quantity and condition of the equipment at pick up.
The Equipment Director(s) will schedule a time(s) at the end of each season for equipment return. All equipment must be returned to the storage facility at Hubbard Park. Coaches and team managers must make sure that they sign the Equipment Release Form upon return for record keeping.
Uniforms will be distributed at least one (1) week prior to the start of the season unless delays occur that are beyond our control. All players receive a game jersey and either a hat (baseball/Tball) or pair of socks (softball). All players may keep their uniforms at the end of the season.
Players will be responsible to bring their own fielding gloves, baseball/softball pants, and either sneakers or cleats (many of these items can be found on our equipment swap facebook page, mybbsb equipment swap). Helmets and bats will be provided by the league if a player doesn't have their own (these can also be found on the equipment swap facebook page).
No plastic or toy gloves. They need to be either all leather or have a leather shell.
Grey or black pants are the most common however the color will be the coach's decision. Shorts are not to be worn.
Must be worn at all times no open toed shoes are allowed on the field.
Helmets are provided with team equipment however Middletown Little League strongly advises parents to provide each child their own helmet. If you choose to provide your child with a helmet, please keep in mind the following safety policies:
Bats:Bats are provided with team equipment. If players would like to provide their own bats that is acceptable. Guidelines for bats for Little Leage are as follows:
- No stickers or light refracting attachments allowed on the outside of the helmet. Unless there is a waiver from the manufacturer.
- Only manufacturer colors or emblems are allowed.
- Chin straps are not required but are recommended.
- Facemasks are not required for baseball but are for softball.
- Baseball Bats must have the USA Baseball label on them. It will be located just above the grip of the bat. It cannot be more than 33" in length and 2 5/8" in diameter.
- Softball Bats must have a Bat Performance Factor (BPF) of 1.20. It cannot be more than 33' in length and 2 1/4" in diameter.
- TBall Bats must have the USA Baseball label on them. For bats 26" and shorter will have the USA label and a text "Only for Use with Approved Tee Balls".