PLEASE READ THOROUGHLY AND TO THE END. SURVEY AT BOTTOM NEEDS TO BE COMPLETED BY MONDAY, JUNE 15TH. If you do not complete the form by Monday, we will assume your child is not playing this summer.
The state has announced that baseball can resume starting June 17th with some strict guidelines. If approved by the City of Middletown, MYBBSB is planning to have a modified summer season starting soon after and running through the middle of August. Included below is a survey link to inform us whether or not your child still intends to participate. It is imperative we receive your response no later than Monday, June 15th.
Please CAREFULLY review the following guidelines that we are abided to adhere to in order to play this season. Failure to follow these guidelines will result in the shut down of the season.
FOR ALL PLAYERS, COACHES, VOLUNTEERS
- Sign health waiver for communicable disease.
- Wear masks at all times (exception for players while they are on field/engaging in physical activities).
- Wear masks at all times, unless doing so would be contrary to his or her health or safety due to medical conditions only.
- Disinfect ALL shared equipment (including practice and game balls) after each practice and game.
- Disinfect dugouts after each practice / game.
- Identify team parent / guardian to advise on social distancing guidelines for spectators during each event.
- Identify team parent / guardian to disinfect bathrooms during events (minimum hourly and at the end of the event).
- Wear masks at all times when not on the field, unless doing so would be contrary to his or her health or safety due to medical conditions only.
- Maintain 6ft social distancing when not on the field (dugouts will be limited to 4 players, 1 coach (others will need to be will be required to social distance along the outside of the fence when not in the field of play.)
- Cleaning supplies will be supplied by the league.
- Coaches should keep players in small groups at practice to allow for physical distancing. Practices will be scheduled with at least a 15 minute buffer to prevent overlap of participants and to allow for time to clean and disinfect commonly used surfaces including, but not limited to, benches and dugouts.
- Suspend post-activity group snack.
- All players and coaches shall bring their own water bottles. Water bottles shall not be shared.
- Players will not huddle at any point during the game/practice. Sportsmanship will continue in a touchless manner – no handshakes/slaps/fist bumps after games.
- Concession Stands will remain closed for the duration of the season.
- Only ONE (1) parent/guardian spectator per player will be allowed at the game.
- PARENT SEATING AREA - Are allowed to open only if they can be thoroughly cleaned and disinfected before and after every use, if applicable; and 6 ft. of distance can be maintained. Spectators are encouraged to bring their own chairs.
- PERSONAL PROTECTION FOR SPECTATORS - Spectators are required to bring and wear masks or cloth face coverings that completely cover the nose and mouth unless doing so would be contrary to his or her health or safety due to a medical condition.
Note: rules can still change, specifically related to travel.
Please fill out the following form once for the child named above. You have to complete one form for each child registered to play. Please do so by Monday, June 15th.
Whatever you decide, we wish you a healthy and fun summer.
Ahern Whalen, President