Middletown Baseball Players
Welcome to the 2018 Spring Ahern Whalen season!
Ahern Whalen will field teams for the Spring 2018 for players aged 13 through 16 (as of May 1, 2018) who are not rostered on one of their high school baseball teams (varsity, junior varsity or freshman).
Registration is now open, and will remain open through February 28, 2018. Any registrations received on or after March 1, 2018 will be waitlisted.
To all High School parents -- unless you are 100% sure your child will make their high school team, please be sure to register for the Spring season to secure your spot -- just in case. If your player makes their high school team, your $150 will be applied to your summer registration (which will also be $150).
To all Middle School parents -- there are no rules prohibiting players from playing for both Middle School and Ahern Whalen. In addition, Middle School games are played during the week and most Ahern Whalen games are played on the weekends, so there are rarely any conflicts.
2018 Spring Season Calendar:
- February 28th -- registration closes
- Early March -- all registered players will need to attend a player evaluation (actual date and site will be announced in the coming weeks)
- Mid-to-late March -- once the high school teams have made their final cuts, managers will be assigned and teams will be drafted
- Between draft day and the first outdoor practices, we will try to secure some gym time to get in a few indoor practices
- Mid April -- once the city opens the fields, we will start practicing outdoors
- Mid-to-late April -- games begin
- Memorial Day weekend -- district tournament to benefit The Jimmy Fund (will also include an All-Star game)
- First two weekends in June -- playoffs
Games and practices in Middletown will be played at Palmer Field, MHS, Xavier, Vinal Tech and Keigwin.
Out of town games will most likely be played in Wethersfield, Newington, West Haven, New Haven, North Haven, Hamden and Cheshire. Other towns may be added.
If you have any questions, please feel free to reach out to:
Greg Brooks @
Dear Parents and Players,
Ahern Whalen Baseball and Middletown Youth Baseball & Softball
have formed an alliance and will be working together to improve our cities baseball program.
AW has had a long standing commitment to providing quality baseball with a goal of working closely with
MYBBSB, the American Legion and Middletown High School.
Our hope for the future is to grow this alliance to ensure a strong unified baseball and softball program.
AW and MYBBSB will be running as separate leagues with separate Boards.
We will however be sharing resources such as:
website, online registration, training and communications, etc.
This will reduce costs, ease administration, increase communication and ensure a smooth transition
between our leagues for parents, players and coaches.
Thanks, Steven Ladd
President, Ahern Whalen Baseball
p.s. Feel free to contact me with questions or concerns.